Saturday, May 7, 2011

When it's too muddy to hike...

It is 73 degrees and gorgeous out. Do you have the same problem I have, where it is SUCH a beautiful day but you can't figure out how to spend it? And then spend too much time inside stressing out about what you aren't doing, instead of just going and doing it? That's my current issue. The mud is preventing hiking, my lungs and this rockstar cough I picked up mean I can't go swim, and Roo means that the second I try to sit down and read he will assault me with a tennis ball and slobber. Rough life, huh?

Sometimes I get so stressed out about things like: what am I supposed to do with my life, why do all my tank tops make me feel like a six year old boy with a liking for pie, how am I supposed to remember where my keys are, why are people so absolutely challenged at driving and for the love of everything on Earth: why does Grey's Anatomy keep letting me down? And let's not even get started on things that actually matter like love or calling people back right away or adding another major or not freaking out about the past/present/future.

These are the normal things I worry about. Which could be a good thing... at least I'm not dying of cancer or a bear didn't decide I was a nice snack due to the lack of berries and yummy springy meals available due to the snow. Then again it kind of makes me feel like perhaps I should be deeper and worry about things like finding a cure for cancer or providing food for the poor bears. Really though, I am very stressed about things like tank tops and cough medicine and if I should get up an extra ten minutes early to make something other than, well, nothing... for breakfast.

That's what I have been thinking about today, between re-dipping chocolate covered strawberries just for the sake of having something to do at work, and going through all my country music about wasting days so I stop feeling like an utterly useless human being. So for now, I am resigning myself to listening to music and smelling this delicious candle and listening to my family get way too excited about the Kentucky Derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment